Do you know what is "Open Gap"? - Page 5
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1

Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Forex trading won't always stay steady all of the times and we always need to be prepared for anything worse that might just happen. If we want to make a good income in this business, then we need to specially watch the weekend's position. As for the reason, the chance of open gap is very high compared to ordinary days trading. I won't say things like open gap won't happen in ordinary days trading as well. They might be if a high news impact just suddenly got released.

As for the open gap in the weekend, every traders will need to watch out for the possible jump. And as how to check it, you need to check the news on the saturday and the sunday. If you find a breaking news or a high impact news, then there is a chance the market will open in a big gap whether it's going upwards or even downwards.

Here's the example:

You might think again about closing the position over the weekend or just hope to earn even more money from the gap.
    But let me tell you something, even if you used stop loss in this kind of event, it won't work at all if the gap is further than your stop loss.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    There is one thing I know about gaps and they way which it could be traded, in such a way that when the gap occurs, it always refills. I have made money with it some times and loss also. That shows that nothing is fixed in forex trading. I know gaps which we usually experience every weekends. It occurs some week days when there is a strong news released. But in my experience it always go in the favor of the trend.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    There is one thing I know about gaps and they way which it could be traded, in such a way that when the gap occurs, it always refills. I have made money with it some times and loss also. That shows that nothing is fixed in forex trading. I know gaps which we usually experience every weekends. It occurs some week days when there is a strong news released. But in my experience it always go in the favor of the trend.
    Good point, I have seen those but this is my first time when I am reading a lot of comments about this thread or this subject, I will add a thumbs up later. So you are sure that they always refill on some time only that happen? I am a short term trader so I don't have much idea about it but I heard some good trader's that we should close our trades on Friday because on gap market can go against us. What do you want to say about this sir?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    Good point, I have seen those but this is my first time when I am reading a lot of comments about this thread or this subject, I will add a thumbs up later. So you are sure that they always refill on some time only that happen? I am a short term trader so I don't have much idea about it but I heard some good trader's that we should close our trades on Friday because on gap market can go against us. What do you want to say about this sir?
    do not believe the refill in the gaps of this business, it is not a thing that i am new too. they do not refill, except some which will refill because they have to refill. it is not a principle of trading and traders can not say they will be making their money through that.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    do not believe the refill in the gaps of this business, it is not a thing that i am new too. they do not refill, except some which will refill because they have to refill. it is not a principle of trading and traders can not say they will be making their money through that.
    I do not believe the refill of the gap too, but I read a popular saying that gaps tend to refill back in the forex market, but I had tried to notice that happening in my trading, but it hardly does. If I notice about 10 different gap times, only two of it might refill as they said, but will a professional trader base his trading skills on that? No, that is too poor to me.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    I do not believe the refill of the gap too, but I read a popular saying that gaps tend to refill back in the forex market, but I had tried to notice that happening in my trading, but it hardly does. If I notice about 10 different gap times, only two of it might refill as they said, but will a professional trader base his trading skills on that? No, that is too poor to me.
    I believe the refill too. I have experienced it but then not in all cases. Therefore it has it's own risk which means that most of the times it does not refill. I would have shwon you screenshots of the ones that refilled but then I have no one which will show you when the gap was still opened. I have experienced several gaps and 7-8 out of it all got refilled.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    I believe the refill too. I have experienced it but then not in all cases. Therefore it has it's own risk which means that most of the times it does not refill. I would have shwon you screenshots of the ones that refilled but then I have no one which will show you when the gap was still opened. I have experienced several gaps and 7-8 out of it all got refilled.
    i know refill, i do not believe what traders are saying about it on this forum. the gap can not refill in most cases, it could refill at times, and this can not be the strategy of traders, except the trader is such who his gambling with his trading account, and will lose money.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    i know refill, i do not believe what traders are saying about it on this forum. the gap can not refill in most cases, it could refill at times, and this can not be the strategy of traders, except the trader is such who his gambling with his trading account, and will lose money.
    Sorry like I said 7-8 put of the 10 gaps I have experienced in the market refilled. I will show you some of them and told you how they refilled and the onces that don't. Nothing is certain but in most cases they refil but then to me I don't take them I have to be disciplined and follow my trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Sorry like I said 7-8 put of the 10 gaps I have experienced in the market refilled. I will show you some of them and told you how they refilled and the onces that don't. Nothing is certain but in most cases they refil but then to me I don't take them I have to be disciplined and follow my trading strategy.
    gaps are not what we should be talking about in the way of refill, it will not refill the price , and the times it refill are lucky times for the forex trader. I believe in the trading strategy which can give traders the money, and what they are doing with the strategy matters, this can make traders be strict in their trade.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    A gap is when the Market stands and starts working with a different direction and it Jumps thats what the gap is and its very dangerous there is no conection and most of the time it happens during the weekend and it can destroy what is good and what is in your account and so we have to avoid leaving the market open through out the weekends so always avoid having markets open during weekends

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 538
    Personally I don't do trade with them friend, I don't want to anything wrong in trading or I don't want to follow anything which my trading system don't allow me to do that. I have a simple buy and sell opportunity when market trend is forming a uptrend or downtrend, We have to keep it very simple and should never go beyond our trading limitations. Discipline is also important in trading.

Not allowed!

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast