Do you know what is "Open Gap"? - Page 4
Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1

Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Forex trading won't always stay steady all of the times and we always need to be prepared for anything worse that might just happen. If we want to make a good income in this business, then we need to specially watch the weekend's position. As for the reason, the chance of open gap is very high compared to ordinary days trading. I won't say things like open gap won't happen in ordinary days trading as well. They might be if a high news impact just suddenly got released.

As for the open gap in the weekend, every traders will need to watch out for the possible jump. And as how to check it, you need to check the news on the saturday and the sunday. If you find a breaking news or a high impact news, then there is a chance the market will open in a big gap whether it's going upwards or even downwards.

Here's the example:

You might think again about closing the position over the weekend or just hope to earn even more money from the gap.
    But let me tell you something, even if you used stop loss in this kind of event, it won't work at all if the gap is further than your stop loss.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    It happens mostly on weekends, I have experienced it happen couple of times on the chart and some of it happens on normal business days because of some news that are strong. But then if we can make analysis we can get benefits from it and trade those gaps. Experience is all we need.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    It happens mostly on weekends, I have experienced it happen couple of times on the chart and some of it happens on normal business days because of some news that are strong. But then if we can make analysis we can get benefits from it and trade those gaps. Experience is all we need.
    yes, the weekends has the gap of forex businesses, this is why some brokers will advise their client not to take the trade over to the weekend or have much equity that will handle that for them. there are gaps during the week too when the volatility is high with some pairs.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    There are lots of things that we might think we need to know, but however, experience has taught me that it is news that causes gaps. In other words, it is also good for traders to make sure they keep updated on news so as to secure their positions which they are going to be living to run for the weekend. Open gaps could be at a trader's advantage if he or she is good at predicting the market.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    There are lots of things that we might think we need to know, but however, experience has taught me that it is news that causes gaps. In other words, it is also good for traders to make sure they keep updated on news so as to secure their positions which they are going to be living to run for the weekend. Open gaps could be at a trader's advantage if he or she is good at predicting the market.
    [lang=id]for them who pay attention for news schedule with well and understand them with well too, i guess they can see a point to trade with take the advantages from the gap in the market, and they knew to set the order in the market, i ever tried this thing, but still lack of knowledge to do it, and now, i still prefer to trade where i can watch it,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]for them who pay attention for news schedule with well and understand them with well too, i guess they can see a point to trade with take the advantages from the gap in the market, and they knew to set the order in the market, i ever tried this thing, but still lack of knowledge to do it, and now, i still prefer to trade where i can watch it,[/lang]
    i do not know what you are talking about. what can the news do with the gap which has been caused by weekend or some other volatility of the market which lack liquidity. the news is a separate thing from this, and traders should not let it have the same point of view.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    i do not know what you are talking about. what can the news do with the gap which has been caused by weekend or some other volatility of the market which lack liquidity. the news is a separate thing from this, and traders should not let it have the same point of view.
    There are things which the news can do on the weekend, if you should think well properly, you would see that the European ballot then made huge gap in the Euro pairs, therefore I got to know that the news have huge effects on the gaps that happens. Well, I think being able to make analysis matters when it comes to forex trading, the candle and my strategy reveals more to me and also when I have no clue I do stay away of the market.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    i see it as a big opportunity to make some money , the good trader must always understand the concept of those gap and if their is some good price action that assure entry then why not getting some pip , in that position . i know a lot of trader who prefer to scalp in those time and they make good income so easily .

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Moi View Post
    i see it as a big opportunity to make some money , the good trader must always understand the concept of those gap and if their is some good price action that assure entry then why not getting some pip , in that position . i know a lot of trader who prefer to scalp in those time and they make good income so easily .
    when there is gap, there can not be price action which will make any sense to trades since the gap occurred by the forceful pattern on the chart over weekend or market volatility which lack trading liquidity. this makes no sense to me, and i am avoiding the trading of price action.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    I think that the trading can be very good when we do not expect huge movements . so we can be very good at the times of the making of the different types of the choosing the different situations in which we can find more about the details for the trading from time to time and more

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10
    Open gap occur at the weekend. I think we need to close all trade at Friday. Because we never know what will happen on next week when market will open. If we close all our trade that time we never feel tension. Yes if we understand the open gape result that time there is no need to close our order.

Not allowed!

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast