Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Price action basics part 4

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Price action basics part 4

Beginning of this thread is here

Technical analysis tells us that "price reflects everything".

Is it right or not?

In previous post I've shown moving average indicator as an example of how one can use price-value approach in trading.

But this is just example, in reality, simple MA can't show you where value is.

Let's say, MA calculates 35 closing prices (35 parameter). Do you think that every price is equal here? Area located at higher prices is more significant for the market because it attracts more volumes (aggresiveness). So in fact weight of higher prices in calculation formula should be increased if we want to know where value is.

Attachment 1177

What am I trying to say?

Price can't reflect everything because not every price level is equally important for the market.

The missing piece is time and volume

(we don't have volumes on Forex - tick volumes is not what we need, so we can make conclusions about volumes from price action - was it aggressive or not?)

If you will refer to price as to advertising mechanism, it would be much easier to understand what's going on on the market.

I will quote great trader and coach, Jim Dalton, that teaches his students in approach of auction market principles:

Price advertises opportunity

Time regulates this opportunity

Volume measures success or failure of this opportunity

Let's now get back to practical things.

I will attach chart from EURUSD to this thread. How do you think - what leves are significant for the market here?
    I placed simple MA with 35 parameter here ;)

Attachment 1178

Share your ideas below.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 09-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by madoras View Post
    actually price action is the best trading strategy in this business when trading,the most important thing when using price action is to understand how to determine the key level with the market when trading,trading might be a tricky business when we we make time to learn and understanding trading we are bound to earn when trading.we hope can make profi consistent with this system
    I think traders needs to develop a price action strategy but we need to trade with knowledge but the reality is opposites, the trades with the emotions and without analysis of the market and they could not make good decision because they start trading with lack of knowledge.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    [lang=ar]Trading without forex indicators is not impossible. It is so much possible but it is not to do for a new trader in my thought. All kind of indicators are not working all time and all are not so good. Its possibility is 50 %. But there are some effective indicators like Bollinger Bonds and moving average.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    For the beginner it is very useful staff and I would very thankful to you for this efforts some time I will be very confused during up and down in market. some time indicator help me or some time I have lost my money.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    I would be very thankful to you for this efforts and learn most of the strategies which i have never seen before and think that i follow this strategies we will be getting success in this forex trade some of the point are not getting clear yet but sure if we follow to right step then soon become a rich.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    trader and have lost many times for trading with my various indicators .af far as i learn about my indicators i have applied but could not make any consistence profit.i have collected price action basic part 1 to 4.so i think if you continued your shearing in here we beginner trader would be benefited off point passed candel we could do order, but we often have a lot of loss that it took additional indicator. we must be careful when making the order.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 70
    Quote Originally Posted by YoyO_o View Post
    I think traders needs to develop a price action strategy but we need to trade with knowledge but the reality is opposites, the trades with the emotions and without analysis of the market and they could not make good decision because they start trading with lack of knowledge.
    Yes not doing the work properly and trading with emotions has been causing losses to so many of the traders. Price action itself being a good strategy, a good understanding of it helps us to explore lot of good opportunitis to trade and earn. No matter what the strategy is, I think there will never be any guarantee for profits. So a strategy is never complete without a stop loss.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    I think price action works better than using indicators, not that indicators are not useful but when a trader uses price action in forex market trading more profits is made. But price action requires a lot of patience and discipline which most trader dont have thereby making trading using price action difficult for them.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by diaislambd View Post
    sir i am a beginner trader and have lost many times for trading with my various indicators .af far as i learn about my indicators i have applied but could not make any consistence profit.i have collected price action basic part 1 to 4.so i think if you continued your shearing in here we beginner trader would be benefited.
    Truly price actions is the way to go for all traders because trading based on indicators are usually not accurate enough for consistent profit in the market as they are not flexible or dynamic enough to quickly adjust to changes in the market condition, and the forex market as we know it is very random and its constantly changing.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 9
    Price action is one of the best strategy out there to achieve success in forex market. I have personally been using this price action strategy for years and to be honest out of other fancy strategies out there this one is the most profitable and consistent. Thanks for sharing your view on Price action above.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Price action is one of the most powerful trading system that one can ever have that is why focus should be based on the importance of support and resistance because the market tend to obey these levels very well and we also need discipline to practice price action to its fullest. Forex trading can be fun when we learn to do it right.

Not allowed!

Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast