Trading software for Linux - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading software for Linux

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875

Trading software for Linux

LInux seems like the best alternative for base software for the next decade or more - all kinds of CPU and hardware support, many interchangable versions - both free and paid, light and stable work, secure environment. Currently about 10 percent of desktop/x86-laptop, 70 percent of servers, 60 percent of ARM-based mobile devices run on Linux.
    Windows gets more and more demanding since XP sp3. Currently there are PCs less than 10 years old that cannot run last two versions (10 and 8) because of hardware requirements - and those are PCs with hardware capabilities suitable for more than half of humanity.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Thumbs Up
    In reality the only resource-wise downside of running MetaTrader in Linux plus Wine instead of in Windows is Wine working with old windows management technology which does not use hardware acceleration. The Wine windows are built by the CPU like in Windows XP, not by the GPU like in Windows Vista and above and this results in extra CPU usage in LInux compared to non-XP Windows.
    Besides that Linux plus Wine consumes less resources than any modern Windows, 10 especially. And Wine is not an emulator (this is what WINE actually means btw.) so there is no lag in program execution compared to Windows.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Next few posts will be a step by step tutorial on how to put Linux alongside Windows on our PCs by ourselves, without impairing the already existing system or user files.
    Because Linux besides being more beautiful and hardware-friendly is also a lot more user-friendly than Windows, the reason people think it's not is because we've used and got used to Windows.
    First thing we need to do is cut a little space for our new system from within Windows, we do that with "Disk Management" tool - right click on Start Menu icon in 8.1 and 10, search for it inside Start Menu. The master console in 7 I think was called Computer Management and Disk Management is one of the options in it.
    In Disk Management we should see the partition on our hard drive(s). The system partitions we don't touch (those smaller than 1 GB and having names like System, Boot, UEFI or something similar). There should be a partition where Windows is installed and there should be one or more free partitions - all of these larger than 50 GB and having lots of free space in them.
    In Disk Management we use the option "shrink" on whichever partition we choose to shrink - this option will not destroy any data on the partition.
    A complete userspace Linux distribution needs 15 GB to function normally. However the filesystems Linux uses are much more HDD- and SDD-friendly so we most probably want to have more space allocated for our Linux and use that instead of the Windows-formatted partitions (NTFS). Linux can read NTFS and Windows can read ext4 with external software, but it's better not to open the partition where one operating system is installed from within the other, both ways for both systems.
    Shrinking the partition by 15 (or more) GB will leave empty unpartitioned space of 15 (or more) GB on the hard drive. And this is all we want from Windows.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9
    i think there is many trading software that is may work and some of theme may make you face some loss so i do not like this type of trading because it is so risky for all trader to trade with this software in order to make profits from trading and from this risky markets .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Next thing we need to choose our Linux distribution and desktop environment.
    The best out-of-the-box working ones are corporative Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSuse as well as the completely free (as in Freedom, not just provided without a price) Debian.
    Desktop environments are the graphical interface - we have a rich choice here as well. MATE - the classic, GNOME - the Windows 8 of Linuxes, currently the corporative choice, Xfce - "lightweight" (doesn't use GPU acceleration and effects, uses less RAM but more CPU) - the workhorse, good for old PCs, perfect for extremely old ones. LXDE - another "lightweight" (same conditions as Xfce), a bit more pretty but less functional (less gadgets and options included). LXQt - Qt based LXDE (the newest of these, a bit more pretty, no so "lightweight" anymore, not so functional yet). KDE - the queen of beauty.
    I myself am using Debian with KDE.
    I'll write the tutorial (kind of) for Debian and point the differences applying to the other 3 after that.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23
    this is good thread and start to follow good information from you. my pc is old. just have 8 G ram and 400 G HD and still use core. windows 10 . hope that linux will work on my pc. i am so sorry . i am newbie with linux

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    That's not really an old PC. You should have no issues with Linux, even with default options applied in most cases Linux should work it to its full potential.
    If it has Windows 10 preinstalled however it might have that annoying "Secure Boot" thing, which won't let you install Debian if you don't switch it off (from withing UEFI/BIOS settings).
    "Secure Boot" checks the installation disk for signature, and a signature is obtained by paying Microsoft, and the whole purpose of Debian is to not pay anyone to use your PC.
    Fedora and Ubuntu however are signed and should be accepted by "Secure Boot".

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    thisbis nice information and i am still following to know it deeply. well i wait some steps for it and hope that i van implememt it with well..

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Making space for Linux (with Windows' Disk Management) should be your first step. Turning off Secure Boot if you want Debian should be your second step (if you decide to go for Fedora or Ubuntu you don't need to do that). You might want to research for yourself Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu and Secure Boot.
    Next thing is choosing and downloading installation iso.
    Debian's iso-s you can find at https://www.debian.org/, there is Alpha/Beta and Release. The Alpha/Beta is quite stable now and it uses KDE 5, Release uses KDE 4. Both are very beautiful, just a bit different. Release has also live versions - you can load and try it straight from the iso, without/before installation.
    Debian's hosting repository is http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/, just navigate through "stretch di alpha 8" or "release", whatever you choose.
    You need amd64 for a desktop PC, no matter it has Intel or AMD CPU. Intel's 64 bit CPU structure was actually invented and developed by AMD, and Linux community honors that - that's where the name comes.
    Release you'd better choose Live - there are different iso-s for different desktop environments.
    Alpha/Beta you'd better choose DVD - you need the first one only, all DE are included (you choose one through the installation process).

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    my pc is presario 32 bit. is it suit for them ? i have no knwledge about pc please i am so sorry

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    What is the exact version of this Presario? You have Windows installed, right? What version is the Windows - XP, 7, 8, 10? Can you please open "My Computer", right click / Properties and tell me what info is written about Windows, processor and graphic card?

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast