Trading software for Linux - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading software for Linux

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875

Trading software for Linux

LInux seems like the best alternative for base software for the next decade or more - all kinds of CPU and hardware support, many interchangable versions - both free and paid, light and stable work, secure environment. Currently about 10 percent of desktop/x86-laptop, 70 percent of servers, 60 percent of ARM-based mobile devices run on Linux.
    Windows gets more and more demanding since XP sp3. Currently there are PCs less than 10 years old that cannot run last two versions (10 and 8) because of hardware requirements - and those are PCs with hardware capabilities suitable for more than half of humanity.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Thumbs Up
    Plasma 5 quite smooth in Fedora and Arch already, if anybody is interested. Freezings, crashes and every-day error messages almost gone, and it's almost as beautiful as Plasma 4.
    Mate also much improved - CPU spikes almost fully absent and it's getting more beautiful than GNOME 2 already.
    KDE and Mate guys working hard, thanks!

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    The downside of trading in Linux is trading software code is not really optimised for Wine. Everything is working - which is incredibly amazing thing by itself actually - software compiled for totally different kind of OSes, but it is quite more resource engaging than in native Windows environment, much higher CPU usage probably the most important part.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Doge; 12-26-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Linux is an open source indicator through which you can edit the software through your own ease. Yes making money with linus is not an easy thing to do but with proper way of making money is a good thing. you can make get a platform to trade with relax with any broker.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    Quote Originally Posted by forexlearner View Post
    There are many kinds of software which can't run in old operating system but I think mt4 terminal's can be used in almost all operating system, we have just download them separately specially if we have to do trade with mt4 in linux operating system. But it will be better if we will change ourself along with the technology. I think 7 to 8 year's old pc still good to do trade forex.
    That was then my brother, it is a pity that window xp no longer supports mt4 platform and that is the truth. You must have known that Microsoft does not provide updates anymore for window xp and as a result of new changes taking place in mt4 trading platform, the window xp is no longer supported. You can prove me wrong by giving this a trial in making effort to download and run mt4 on window xp

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Nope sir I don't think so because I am still using my old windows xp version and I am able to run the mt4 in my windows xp service pack 2 version I have just updated my windows xp couple of months back and I am able to run the mt4 trading platform in my current pc. Can you tell me from where you get the information that new mt4 version will not be able to run in windows xp?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Yes I think so , I have been trying to learn more about the forex trading forms we know out there that work well for us the greatness of it is the source of a good thing we know the same is a chance of every trader we know out there we have to work as hard and identify the right soft ware

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    I do think that forex trading platform has a lot of requirements according to the hardware that you use but the software that is used is very important and very powerful instrument that you have to consider before you download the operating system is one thing Linux different from the Microsoft operating system

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Yes I saw it and it has its own path to which we have the the best trading software so we need to run the best of the best, these market requires we have the right mind set and most of all the right trading tools we see around for the best we know how to trade forex

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    LInux seems like the best alternative for base software for the next decade or more - all kinds of CPU and hardware support, many interchangable versions - both free and paid, light and stable work, secure environment. Currently about 10 percent of desktop/x86-laptop, 70 percent of servers, 60 percent of ARM-based mobile devices run on Linux.
    Windows gets more and more demanding since XP sp3. Currently there are PCs less than 10 years old that cannot run last two versions (10 and 8) because of hardware requirements - and those are PCs with hardware capabilities suitable for more than half of humanity.
    You are wright, it will be very kind of Meta quotes to launch development of MT4-5 that run natively on linux, it will save the struggle.. actually running MT4 on linux is possible using ''Wine'' but the operation is complicated for some users and doesn`t replace the need of a genuine supported release ..

you can check my thread about the subject if you like , i'll appreciate your support

http://forum.roboforex.com/threads/3...l-MT4-on-LINUX

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 48
    linux is a good system and may be better than windows because it is lighter and does not consume much from ram and so the software will work better and faster than that being on windows, and the platform may work better and faster on linux than windows, but linux is not easy system to work with and windows is more easier.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast