Fractal Indicator
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fractal Indicator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 8

Fractal Indicator

[lang=id]Fractal is used as lagging indicator to know the trend of the market. It is called lagging because you need several data of the past closed prices before you can determine the trend. In Meta trader 4, it is described as up and down arrow. Even though it is a lagging indicator, it has several good functions such as to know how strong or weak the resistances are, to draw a trend line which is either bullish or bearish, and to see if the price consolidated or not.

As in the above picture shown, I draw several lines to show how to use fractal to see how strong the support and resistance were. Red line and blue line show the support level while the purple and yellow line show the resistance level. As we can see, if it can break the resistance which is supported by 3 arrows, there will be a possibility that the break will be very high. So more arrows can be described as a stronger resistance or support level.

The above picture showed the indicator can be used to see the trend of the market. As from now, it is entering bear condition which I suspect will last if it can break the resistance.

It can be used to tell if the market price is consolidated or not. In the picture above, I draw a circle to show the position of the consolidation. When it can’t break the support level, the price will consolidate and we should wait for the next break before we are deciding to trade again.
    My opinion about fractal indicator was it could not be used as a standalone indicator since it is a lagging indicator. Normally, it is used best with alligator indicator. But, for me, it is also good to use moving average indicator along with fractal to know if it is a signal or not.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    Fractal indicator is best to be used with Alligator - that is actually what it is designed to be for (when Alligator starts opening mouth in one direction the taking of the first Fractal by price action is an entry). It also works with a bunch of other Moving Averages of course, but settings should be carefully calculated. Tom DeMark also uses similar definitions for local tops and bottoms (higher high or lower low out of five consecutive bars).

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Well, can you use ichimoku in fractal indicator and how you can implement it in real trading anyway? Surely it works with moving averages but how about the ichimoku here?

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 8
    [lang=id]

as we know, fractal is best used with alligator indicator. In my personal opinion, we can only use ichimoku to confirm the trend of the market with the help of other indicators. It helped us to put stop loss if needed. So for me, it's almost the same as fractal to begin with.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    Well, can you use ichimoku in fractal indicator and how you can implement it in real trading anyway? Surely it works with moving averages but how about the ichimoku here?
    Sir better to spend time in demo trading account if you want to choose a good option for you from these all indicator's, personally I have a good trading experience with ichimoku and moving average and they suit to my trading style also that's why I am using only these two indicator's at the moment. Fractal indicator could also be a good choice, I would suggest people to do demo testing first.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    If you use the fractals the right way you can make good money out of the market. Making money is not so easy thing in the forex market and todays financial world but if you know how to make money you can make good amount of money for sure with consistency.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    It is nice sharing that but using one indicator like this to determine the trend and conclude is not sufficient because that may still need to be confirmed by other indicator. I am not saying that the use of many indicators is good but however the use of just only one indicator could be too misleading . I use fractal indicator but it is too lagging for my liking so I need something else to filter it

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    fractal indicator is good for trading and the trader can use it for trading especially if there is a trend and so it gives good signal of trading, but in sideway market it does not work well and it is better to be used with another indicators to get good signals of trading and so the trader can trade in good positions and make good profits easily.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 26
    Very good trading indicator is Fractal. Fractal indicators result is very good and best for newbie trader. I am not using this indicator at the time ,cause of I have created owner strategy and I can take low pips profit. Thanks for your most valuable information.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4
    Do not use only indicator Fractal , if you are use only one indicator, you will be very easy to loss. there are no indicator which can giving you fix signal, the indicator is only follow the price, it makes them become repaint when the price is formed.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast