Indicator Alligator
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Indicator Alligator

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 21

Indicator Alligator

creator alligator indicator is a technical expert / Chartis who developed the concept Chaos Theory and special effects that occur in the market. he found one of the tips Forex trading success is to know market trends is random. Are you fully aware of the Fundamental Analysis? It has less effect on your goal of trading is consistent profit. I can do the technical analysis for a profit consistent with the aspects before the start of Trading: know yourself and understand the market structure with alligator indicator

Features and principles of indicator

upload imagem

Alligator's Jaw (the blue line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average periods 13 , shift 8, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2
    Alligator's Teeth (the red line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average period 8, shift 5, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2
    Alligator's Lips (the green line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average period 5 , shift 3, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2

Alligator indicator to determine the trend is moving Up or Down. In accordance with the explanation jaw, teeth and lips sequentially and pointing upwards without crossing the Trend Up, and vice versa.*

The bottom line is short-term trend (period 5) in line with the medium-term trend (period 8) and is also in line with the long-term trend (period 13). So once again each trend line should not be crossed sequentially and, thus forming like a crocodile's mouth, if upward (uptrend), that's means BUY or down (downtrend), that's means SELL.

personal opinion and recommendations concerning this indicator

The default parameters of the Alligator was 13/8/5. I can use as a comparison parameter 8/5/3. I see that the parameters 8/5/3 sharper than 13/8/5. because I use a style intraday trading, and use the time frame H 1

to be continuous...

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Hi dear ngalapreceh, to be honest I never use alligator indicators, and never study about it too.
    At first I just know that this indicator are the same as 3 MA crossing.
    I just wanted to ask about your idea in using this indicator, we know that this kind of system (I say this as a trading system because may alligator can be used for a system without the combination of other indicators, although I have no experience with it) can identify trends in the market, and we can utilize this advantage to enter the market only in a strong market, especially for trends that persist in the long term, but we know the problem in using this trading system is when in a flat market, I think every trader has an idea how to deal with this, what is your idea about this? Do you combine these indicators with other indicators? Thanks dear

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Hi dear ngalapreceh, to be honest I never use alligator indicators, and never study about it too.
    At first I just know that this indicator are the same as 3 MA crossing.
    I just wanted to ask about your idea in using this indicator, we know that this kind of system (I say this as a trading system because may alligator can be used for a system without the combination of other indicators, although I have no experience with it) can identify trends in the market, and we can utilize this advantage to enter the market only in a strong market, especially for trends that persist in the long term, but we know the problem in using this trading system is when in a flat market, I think every trader has an idea how to deal with this, what is your idea about this? Do you combine these indicators with other indicators? Thanks dear
    alligator specific in use currently trending market, when the market is flat I do not trade. I try to evaluate and analyze the charts pair eur / usd at H1 time frame, using the alligator indicator. This is easily seen, but in practice sometimes indicator alligator give false signals, so we have to use risk management.based on analysis using alligator indicator, price movements will be down trend next week, because the mouth of the crocodile began to open and pointing down

free photo upload

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    alligator specific in use currently trending market, when the market is flat I do not trade. I try to evaluate and analyze the charts pair eur / usd at H1 time frame, using the alligator indicator. This is easily seen, but in practice sometimes indicator alligator give false signals, so we have to use risk management.based on analysis using alligator indicator, price movements will be down trend next week, because the mouth of the crocodile began to open and pointing down
    Nice idea mate...,
    well, I see the current condition of eur/usd very supportive for alligator trading strategy , especially in H1 time frame.
    And I was very impressed with the bearish trend for the last one year seen from the daily time frame.
    It is like a rainbow template, I think this a very good indicator to identify Elliot wave pattern in the market.

What time frame do you recommend for this indicator?
    Perhaps we agree that the higher time frame is suitable for this indicator, how about scalping?

Thanks for the signal that you gave through chart picture...

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 05-13-2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: del pictures
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    Frankly speaking its a very new indicator for me, but the good things is participants are creating very good threads in this contest. This is also a best trend follower indicator, like moving average. But I have a question for you Ngalapreceh can I use this indicator in long term time frame like H4 and daily chart? I mostly do trade in long term time frame's only.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Nice idea mate...,
    well, I see the current condition of eur/usd very supportive for alligator trading strategy , especially in H1 time frame.
    And I was very impressed with the bearish trend for the last one year seen from the daily time frame.
    It is like a rainbow template, I think this a very good indicator to identify Elliot wave pattern in the market.

What time frame do you recommend for this indicator?
    Perhaps we agree that the higher time frame is suitable for this indicator, how about scalping?

Thanks for the signal that you gave through chart picture...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khimi234 View Post
    Frankly speaking its a very new indicator for me, but the good things is participants are creating very good threads in this contest. This is also a best trend follower indicator, like moving average. But I have a question for you Ngalapreceh can I use this indicator in long term time frame like H4 and daily chart? I mostly do trade in long term time frame's only.
    I use the alligator indicator in H1 time frame only, with setting jaw period 8 shift 3, teeth period 5 shift 2, lips period shit 1. it will make an analysis be simple, without confusion as to monitor the multi time frame. My trading style by following the daily trend and maximum take profit of 50 pips. but I think we can use this indicator in all time frames. if you use the alligator for scalping using small time frame, or swing with a time frame 4 H, we should test setting period alligator

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    I use the alligator indicator in H1 time frame only, with setting jaw period 8 shift 3, teeth period 5 shift 2, lips period shit 1. it will make an analysis be simple, without confusion as to monitor the multi time frame. My trading style by following the daily trend and maximum take profit of 50 pips. but I think we can use this indicator in all time frames. if you use the alligator for scalping using small time frame, or swing with a time frame 4 H, we should test setting period alligator
    Hello, i would like to ask you in here actually. What kind of time trading is the best to use in your indicator? There might be some truth behind it right? Some traders are trading it when the market is not volatile, some traders can use it when it's Asia trading time, and how about yours? Can you give me an answer as for this one? thanks!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    Hello, i would like to ask you in here actually. What kind of time trading is the best to use in your indicator? There might be some truth behind it right? Some traders are trading it when the market is not volatile, some traders can use it when it's Asia trading time, and how about yours? Can you give me an answer as for this one? thanks!
    alligator can be used in all sessions, asia, london and America. you just follow the trend to see alligator mouth open upwards or downwards. I think this is an indicator for trend analysis and market entry. You need support and resistance to put take profit and stop loss

- - - Updated - - -

analysis using alligator is to follow the trend, but we must be ready to risk, so we must put a stop loss as risk management. we do not know for sure the direction of prices in the future
    I look at the pair gbp / usd alligator's mouth was shut down and started to open up towards the top

screenshot windows

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    If you want to trade by the book the Alligator doesn't actually give signals - it is to be used with Fractals and the entry should be according to a Fractal. There is the actual Fractal entry - for example if Alligator is opening mouth upwards we look for the last top Fractal and but a buy stop order right above it. There is the Ballance Line entry - for example Alligator is also opening mouth upwards we look for a bottom Fractal forming above it and buy when that bottom is confirmed - the first higher bar or something. It's in the Bill Williams books.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    If you want to trade by the book the Alligator doesn't actually give signals - it is to be used with Fractals and the entry should be according to a Fractal. There is the actual Fractal entry - for example if Alligator is opening mouth upwards we look for the last top Fractal and but a buy stop order right above it. There is the Ballance Line entry - for example Alligator is also opening mouth upwards we look for a bottom Fractal forming above it and buy when that bottom is confirmed - the first higher bar or something. It's in the Bill Williams books.
    I waited reply like this, because I read the book william bill as well. william bill creates alligator, fractal, accelerator oscillator, awesome oscillator, gator oscillators, market facilitation index. but I want a simple and profitable trading system. I did a test indikators and ended up just using alligator to analyze trends and market entry. if you use all the indicators, you can get confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    I waited reply like this, because I read the book william bill as well. william bill creates alligator, fractal, accelerator oscillator, awesome oscillator, gator oscillators, market facilitation index. but I want a simple and profitable trading system. I did a test indikators and ended up just using alligator to analyze trends and market entry. if you use all the indicators, you can get confused.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast