Indicator Alligator - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Indicator Alligator

Alligator indicator is good to detect overbought and oversold situation, I used this indicator for that reason combined with other indicators can give nice results, the only worry is its setting and the time frame where you will draw it.

Alligator indicator is suitable for use during trending market conditions, this indicator is similar to moving average, I enable alligator indicator for support and resistance. This indicator is very powerful, you can create an analysis with profit target of 50 pips. I think the target is realistic, because trading by following the trend

Quote Originally Posted by ngalapreceh View Post
    creator alligator indicator is a technical expert / Chartis who developed the concept Chaos Theory and special effects that occur in the market. he found one of the tips Forex trading success is to know market trends is random. Are you fully aware of the Fundamental Analysis? It has less effect on your goal of trading is consistent profit. I can do the technical analysis for a profit consistent with the aspects before the start of Trading: know yourself and understand the market structure with alligator indicator

Features and principles of indicator

upload imagem

Alligator's Jaw (the blue line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average periods 13 , shift 8, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2
    Alligator's Teeth (the red line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average period 8, shift 5, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2
    Alligator's Lips (the green line) is an indicator Simple Moving Average period 5 , shift 3, method smoothed, apply to Midian price (High + Low) / 2

Alligator indicator to determine the trend is moving Up or Down. In accordance with the explanation jaw, teeth and lips sequentially and pointing upwards without crossing the Trend Up, and vice versa.*

The bottom line is short-term trend (period 5) in line with the medium-term trend (period 8) and is also in line with the long-term trend (period 13). So once again each trend line should not be crossed sequentially and, thus forming like a crocodile's mouth, if upward (uptrend), that's means BUY or down (downtrend), that's means SELL.

personal opinion and recommendations concerning this indicator

The default parameters of the Alligator was 13/8/5. I can use as a comparison parameter 8/5/3. I see that the parameters 8/5/3 sharper than 13/8/5. because I use a style intraday trading, and use the time frame H 1

to be continuous...
    well it is a ggod thing to learn about alligator for i have of recent times started to in cooperate it to my trading but i only look for price to cross the blue line and see if the trend is right according to my price action trading before i pick the trade for it is very good to show where the market has a deep that is ending.i will try to use your setings of 8/5/3 to see how it will work out
    Last edited by kagho; 05-31-2017 at 03:18 PM.

[lang=ar]thanks for the perfect ideas to trade the market using the alligator i am using it too in my trading you know that you can now if the price if trending just by measuring the difference between the lines of it if it is small then the trend could be weak now and if it is big then the market is trending[/lang]

Trader
    alligator can be sued for determination of the trend and it will work well in this function and so the trader can follow the trend from its beginning, it is a good indicator and many traders use it and make money with it easily and continuously, also the trader can be able to determine the positions of entry and exit too and so this will make trading simple and profitable.

Banned
    we can use this indicator in all time frames. if you use the alligator for scalping using small time frame, or swing with a time frame 4 H, we should test setting period alligator . but I want a simple and profitable trading system. I did a test indikators and ended up just using alligator to analyze trends and market entry. if you use all the indicators, you can get confused.

The logic of the alligator is very similar to crossing three MA's, I never use this indicator to trade for that reason, I prefer the three crossing MA's. And I rarely see traders using alligators for their trades, perhaps because there are not many sources that provide knowledge about these indicator so there are not many traders interested in using this indicator.

Trader
    Alligator indicator is a good for determination of the trend and so the trader can use it for determination of the beginning and the end of the trend and so he can catch the chance of trading from it beginning and this will maximize the profits and will decrease the loses and so the trader will set tight stop loss and will make the target bigger

[lang=ar]I have never used this indicator before, but after my reading about it I started the experiment but I think it does not differ much from the bowling tapes and may not differ so much and I don’t find any difference in this , both depend on the top line as a resistance and the lower line as a support so I don’t prefer repetition, this is wrong.[/lang]

Trader
    indicator alligator is a good indicator and let the trader to determine the trend and so the trader can be able to catch the trend from its beginning and follow it to the end, the trader needs to know when to trade as this is very important and the success of trading requires a good entry positions and also good exit positions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast