How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading. - Page 141
Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1412

Thread: How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    8,446
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 33

    How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

    This is more like keeping a trading Journal, but this is more helpful than a Journal where we write things we did while trading without pictures.

    Here I will teach us the useful method in MT4 which most of us don't know and we can use it in checking the positions we took.

    Here is a screenshot of how it looks.Attachment 12433

    The blue arrow shows where I entered, and of course I entered at the close of a bullish engulfing bar that formed under a daily support level. Then the other arrow at the top shows where I placed my take profit.

    To do this, click on your account history tab, drag on the currency symbol of your choice then drop it on it's respective chart.

    This is helpful, mostly when used on your lost positions as this will help you know what really made you loss your money and then you can you can get your mistakes corrected.

    Give me a thumbs up it is helpful

    Not allowed!

  2. #1401
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,967
    Promo (¢)
    2,940
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    Leave the rest of our past trades behind and use every mistakes we've done as our learning projects. don't bring such guilt too deep for too long because it's destructive. all we have to do next is to evaluate our whole trading until we're fully solved everything clear without leaving us anything in bad shape. remember that an evaluation is necessary to fix what we've done wrongly. and reviewing our old trades will help us to do it.
    If we do our part of work with dedication and try to improve at every possibility then becoming a successful trader might not be far off. Finally how good trader are we is shown exactly by our account statement. The history is available to us anytime but many of us are not serious and take time to evaluate our performance and know the cause of our setbacks during trading.

    Not allowed!

  3. #1402
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    4,734
    Promo (¢)
    7,620
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 19
    Always a trader will set plan for learning through our mistake and try our best to make good trading plan because it is not simple and not effective for trader to work and we will gain success in this way, a wise trader always learn from mistake and will find the right trading system for work and learn how we are able to get success.

    Not allowed!

  4. #1403
    Registered user sniper007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10,929
    Promo (¢)
    3,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    The ability to make reviews and then know our mistakes is what I think we all should be even more concerned about. Because when you have been able to be such a trader who can make such reviews, know the cause of the mistakes that you have done and then get to look for solution to it, you will become profitable, you should be able to correct your mistakes.

    Not allowed!

  5. #1404
    Registered user Toyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7,520
    Promo (¢)
    8,430
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by letsdo View Post
    Always a trader will set plan for learning through our mistake and try our best to make good trading plan because it is not simple and not effective for trader to work and we will gain success in this way, a wise trader always learn from mistake and will find the right trading system for work and learn how we are able to get success.
    Traders can make mistakes, it is not what is not usual. It will only be wrong when traders do not look at the avenue to look back at the mistakes they make for them to make the necessary corrections. Trading the market will not be risky at all time, there is need for trader's evaluation, and by doing that, the trader will have to review their past deeds in the market, the knowledge of that will bring success to the trader.

    Not allowed!

  6. #1405
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,806
    Promo (¢)
    5,595
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Toyen, we can learn from our past deeds no doubt but still we can do mistakes, actually when we learn from every single order we will do good, i believe here we can do well if we have patience, if we have experience, if we have proper management, if we give it time and importance and learn from every order, if it goes into loss it will teach us how to avoid loss, if it goes into profit it will tell us how to earn, so both ways are good for us actually

    Not allowed!

  7. #1406
    Registered user Sascha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Racoon City
    Posts
    3,573
    Promo (¢)
    1,275
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 56
    making a self review about past performance actually wouldn't help me to learn from my mistakes when there were no detailed records about my old transactions. using an account statement seems not enough to help us to learn because all we need is a trading journal. traders who has a journal has bigger advantage to learn from their old mistakes and able to remember about things they've done. we'll also get the solutions for every problems we were facing.

    Not allowed!

  8. #1407
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,967
    Promo (¢)
    2,940
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    making a self review about past performance actually wouldn't help me to learn from my mistakes when there were no detailed records about my old transactions. using an account statement seems not enough to help us to learn because all we need is a trading journal. traders who has a journal has bigger advantage to learn from their old mistakes and able to remember about things they've done. we'll also get the solutions for every problems we were facing.
    Journals brings more clarity in the way we evaluate our past trading and try to overcome our mistakes, like mine was severe drawdowns. Experience is must and losing it all in one trade marks the immaturity of the trader in managing his risk properly enough. The most useful and practical learning comes from this, as we trade and evaluate our performance with the help of a journal.

    Not allowed!

  9. #1408
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,481
    Promo (¢)
    1,365
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    Journals brings more clarity in the way we evaluate our past trading and try to overcome our mistakes, like mine was severe drawdowns. Experience is must and losing it all in one trade marks the immaturity of the trader in managing his risk properly enough. The most useful and practical learning comes from this, as we trade and evaluate our performance with the help of a journal.
    Yes if we peep into the past and look at our performance we will know the real picture of our trading and know what to do. Further maintaining a journal will make the process of our learning from our past trades more effective and worthwhile. Losses hurts but if we take lessons we can at least avoid facing the same thing again and again and have better future.

    Not allowed!

  10. #1409
    Registered user cutiekc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    23,508
    Promo (¢)
    2,685
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    Yes if we peep into the past and look at our performance we will know the real picture of our trading and know what to do. Further maintaining a journal will make the process of our learning from our past trades more effective and worthwhile. Losses hurts but if we take lessons we can at least avoid facing the same thing again and again and have better future.
    That is right and by looking at the past and knowing the way we have to trade, knowing how to make good corrections, we get to become better. I do make use of the journal and then at the end of the week or month, I get to take some time to go back to the means and method by which I have been trading to see things I have done differently and also to get to know how much better to improve.

    Not allowed!

  11. #1410
    Registered user Senorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Africa
    Posts
    7,422
    Promo (¢)
    6,420
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 73
    Learning from our very old trading result will be very important and will give us the chance to build our trade with the necessary experience that is likely to go our way and help us to succeed. Our position in forex is something we should manage and we must ensure that we learn from our past mistakes in order to make a better trade. Our past trading history would give us the right lessons to learn from and this must be appreciated if we must improve.

    Not allowed!

Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •