How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.
Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 33

How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

This is more like keeping a trading Journal, but this is more helpful than a Journal where we write things we did while trading without pictures.

Here I will teach us the useful method in MT4 which most of us don't know and we can use it in checking the positions we took.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks.AUDJPYDaily.jpg

The blue arrow shows where I entered, and of course I entered at the close of a bullish engulfing bar that formed under a daily support level. Then the other arrow at the top shows where I placed my take profit.

To do this, click on your account history tab, drag on the currency symbol of your choice then drop it on it's respective chart.

This is helpful, mostly when used on your lost positions as this will help you know what really made you loss your money and then you can you can get your mistakes corrected.

Give me a thumbs up it is helpful

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    This is one of the best helpful tools you thus have shared and now I think I will have to learn and know how the thing functions in other to know how to make use of it the right way while trading.

Some times I trade and when I loss I end up not knowing what really has made the trade to be a failure I forget to know and make the same mistakes, but with this I think there will be a successful trading for me and I can avoid mistakes.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    This is one of the best helpful tools you thus have shared and now I think I will have to learn and know how the thing functions in other to know how to make use of it the right way while trading.

Some times I trade and when I loss I end up not knowing what really has made the trade to be a failure I forget to know and make the same mistakes, but with this I think there will be a successful trading for me and I can avoid mistakes.
    This is what I do sir. I have a folder in come computer for every month where I have the pictures of the trades that I took. Then, at the last sunday of every month I do have them reviewed. So far so good it has helped me to avoid some mistakes and be able to trade further and be more successful as time goes by.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    This thread looks very simple, but it is just the way that would help any trader who is serious about doing it to make the right trading advancement. Most traders do not review their past, and this is one of the reasons why they are failing in the market. I think this thread start is one that is very thoughtful, nice thread, I appreciate this.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    This thread looks very simple, but it is just the way that would help any trader who is serious about doing it to make the right trading advancement. Most traders do not review their past, and this is one of the reasons why they are failing in the market. I think this thread start is one that is very thoughtful, nice thread, I appreciate this.
    Often the basics are quite important in our trading. After a loss, i usual quiet forex trading for a period, to relax and to forget about the loss. I find that helps me a lot, i can take my time to seek for the reasons of it and i can come back with more enthusiasm to trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sharegistFX View Post
    This is what I do sir. I have a folder in come computer for every month where I have the pictures of the trades that I took. Then, at the last sunday of every month I do have them reviewed. So far so good it has helped me to avoid some mistakes and be able to trade further and be more successful as time goes by.
    Seems a good approach, but I think it would be better if we do it in a weekly basis so that the data wont filed up, or maybe if you are a long term or swing trader then the number of trades may not be that many so doing in a monthly basis wont be a problem but if you are a scalper or intraday trader it maybe a little complicated.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 538
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Yes friend this is a very good useful thread for everyone. I have also faced this type of problem in my past, I was trying to making money and was not reviewing my old trading performance that's why I have lost a lot of money in my past. But now I am improving myself slowly slowly. A new trader should not do the same mistake like many of us. New trader need much patience and proper learning.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Yeah, this has helped me and I have been able to make use of it, thus I now can review my old taken position to know why I loss and why I made my money.

I think forex trading is about being serious, someone that is serious with it will be able to make any amount of money with it, this is a good method to correct so many mistakes and it I suggest this for every trader.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 113
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Yeah, this has helped me and I have been able to make use of it, thus I now can review my old taken position to know why I loss and why I made my money.

I think forex trading is about being serious, someone that is serious with it will be able to make any amount of money with it, this is a good method to correct so many mistakes and it I suggest this for every trader.
    Reviewing our old trades can bring to our knowledge our strength and weaknesses and so we can learn a lot. This is similar to learning with experience. Experience has always been the best teacher though sometimes it is also a harsh teacher as it teaches by punishing us severely. But still many people learn many things only after undergoing such punishment.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPENSITY100 View Post
    Reviewing our old trades can bring to our knowledge our strength and weaknesses and so we can learn a lot. This is similar to learning with experience. Experience has always been the best teacher though sometimes it is also a harsh teacher as it teaches by punishing us severely. But still many people learn many things only after undergoing such punishment.
    I just have taken the business serious, therefore I just want to improve my skills, over the time, this has helped me, so I decided to share here. We are not perfect traders but on knowing the right thing that needs to be done and how to trade the good way, you could know your mistakes then be careful on trading some other time and make money.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast