How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading. - Page 3
Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 33

How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

This is more like keeping a trading Journal, but this is more helpful than a Journal where we write things we did while trading without pictures.

Here I will teach us the useful method in MT4 which most of us don't know and we can use it in checking the positions we took.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks.Attachment 12433

The blue arrow shows where I entered, and of course I entered at the close of a bullish engulfing bar that formed under a daily support level. Then the other arrow at the top shows where I placed my take profit.

To do this, click on your account history tab, drag on the currency symbol of your choice then drop it on it's respective chart.

This is helpful, mostly when used on your lost positions as this will help you know what really made you loss your money and then you can you can get your mistakes corrected.

Give me a thumbs up it is helpful

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    THis techniques needs not to crack your brain thus wanting to remember what you have done in the past, it is all about learning and getting to know how the business works.

Thus you can easily check your taken position, for someone like me that trades the candle stick pattern I think this will help me filter some not so much working candle stick pattern.
    It is not really about cracking your brain sir, it is about having the recording books of your trading activities, it is called journal, this would help you so well in this regard. I love the use of the journal, and I also check the history of my trading platform for the places I believe to change my attitude and system of trading in the market.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    It is not really about cracking your brain sir, it is about having the recording books of your trading activities, it is called journal, this would help you so well in this regard. I love the use of the journal, and I also check the history of my trading platform for the places I believe to change my attitude and system of trading in the market.
    Yes keeping journal can help us to realize our mistakes and improve ourselves. I always do trading by making a good analysis, then once i open a trade, I protect it with the stop loss.
    I hate headging and i personnaly think that the stop loss strategy is the most useful one in order to limits our losses and to pursuit our profits.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessfulKartik View Post
    Yes keeping journal can help us to realize our mistakes and improve ourselves. I always do trading by making a good analysis, then once i open a trade, I protect it with the stop loss.
    I hate headging and i personnaly think that the stop loss strategy is the most useful one in order to limits our losses and to pursuit our profits.
    It is not a good thing for nay trader to be leaving the past alone, the pats might still affect the future if the care is not taken. That is why the smart traders would use the mistakes of the past to make themselves better in the future. It is good to build yourself in the market with the best of journal review, this is why it is good for traders to have journals.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    It is not a good thing for nay trader to be leaving the past alone, the pats might still affect the future if the care is not taken. That is why the smart traders would use the mistakes of the past to make themselves better in the future. It is good to build yourself in the market with the best of journal review, this is why it is good for traders to have journals.
    I agree with you that we need to learn from our past trading so that we can make better trading at present. I think there is a good practice and a bad practice. The first is the useful practice that a trader can do, it is just when he is serious and concentrated and when he keep trying to discover his mistakes and to develop his skills.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Cracking our brain situation will appear only if we are not making a correct journal for our trades. It will be better to record our trades in a notebook along with we can focus on our terminal trading history too. I am using trading journal since more than 3 year's now and its bring a lot of changes in my trading style and trading result.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Cracking our brain situation will appear only if we are not making a correct journal for our trades. It will be better to record our trades in a notebook along with we can focus on our terminal trading history too. I am using trading journal since more than 3 year's now and its bring a lot of changes in my trading style and trading result.

Cracking the brain is when we are beginners or not trading the way we should. We learn all things to apply it in real trading and earn and so we are in Forex business.Another reason is the fact that global economy is biting and people are on the look out for other means of earning extra income and forex trade presents its self as a legit investment opportunity.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    [lang=id]it is good action, write down our journey and then evaluate them regulary, and it will help the trders always on the track with fix and complete the problems,
    but sometimes the traders feel busy or lazy to do that, and so why i just record my histories and attach it at the webesites and then we can evaluate it easily[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]it is good action, write down our journey and then evaluate them regulary, and it will help the trders always on the track with fix and complete the problems,
    but sometimes the traders feel busy or lazy to do that, and so why i just record my histories and attach it at the webesites and then we can evaluate it easily[/lang]
    It is very good sir, it shows that the trader is trying to plan for the future rather than just doing trading, trading is better and could help the trader safely if they are noticing their good sides and their bad sides as well, so that the good side is work on better and the bad side is corrected, not just doing trading without looking back.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    I think that the history of the closed trades which may be so good at times we want to make development and evaluation for the dating . i think that it is a good way for doing that . I see also that the important here is to make a good use of the lost trades to learn us not to repeat the mistakes .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by hosny55 View Post
    I think that the history of the closed trades which may be so good at times we want to make development and evaluation for the dating . i think that it is a good way for doing that . I see also that the important here is to make a good use of the lost trades to learn us not to repeat the mistakes .
    Both our profit trades and loss traders are our experience and they have so much to teach us. Forex trading is a bit risky business. Sometimes experienced trader also face to loss. So if trader work time to time and invest money perfect time so trader can gain profit. Overall Forex is not very easy trading. Another thing not very hard.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast