How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading. - Page 140
Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1407

Thread: How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 33

How to review your old taken and closed positions, for a better future trading.

This is more like keeping a trading Journal, but this is more helpful than a Journal where we write things we did while trading without pictures.

Here I will teach us the useful method in MT4 which most of us don't know and we can use it in checking the positions we took.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks.Attachment 12433

The blue arrow shows where I entered, and of course I entered at the close of a bullish engulfing bar that formed under a daily support level. Then the other arrow at the top shows where I placed my take profit.

To do this, click on your account history tab, drag on the currency symbol of your choice then drop it on it's respective chart.

This is helpful, mostly when used on your lost positions as this will help you know what really made you loss your money and then you can you can get your mistakes corrected.

Give me a thumbs up it is helpful

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    Using demo or not is not what I will suggest with respect to this article, what i will suggest is the regular review of our trading activities, this is especially with the trading of the live forex account, not the demo. I don't know why you guys likes going back to the past, the demo should be the past. In case you are afraid of losing with live account, try to deposit little investment and use 0.01 lot, or you use cent account for it. This can make you to be serious in reviews and evaluations than the demo account.
    It is not all about the demo, it is all about the creation of the trading system which the trader is working with. When that trading system is bad or inactive the way the trader wants it, i believe that evaluation will be the answer. Doing evaluation is not necessarily mean that traders will get back to the demo trading, the trader can use their real account like you have said about this.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 87
    This is good and lovely, because, before you can become successful, you need to know how you have been trading in the past. You need to look at the improvement you have been making. You shouldn't take bad decisions, always take good decisions and be the sort of trader who ain't gonna go back making the same mistakes they had made in the past, often learn from it.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96
    Trading, needs you understand a whole lot of things, being a successful trader takes a whole lot of analysis, if you have been able to make the analysis, then you can succeed, making money from the market takes quite a lot of good trades, it all depends on how much learning the trader has been able to have done, knowing the way your old trade had all went will really help you on how to take the future trades.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Trading, needs you understand a whole lot of things, being a successful trader takes a whole lot of analysis, if you have been able to make the analysis, then you can succeed, making money from the market takes quite a lot of good trades, it all depends on how much learning the trader has been able to have done, knowing the way your old trade had all went will really help you on how to take the future trades.
    Obviously becoming a successful trader is a time taking journey where we learn many things, evaluate our trading periodically and gather experience. Looking at the past trades help us to know how we can trade in a better fashion in future and derive better profits. I think most of us have been greedy and had untamed desires in Forex, but with experience we have to set the things rightly.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    Obviously becoming a successful trader is a time taking journey where we learn many things, evaluate our trading periodically and gather experience. Looking at the past trades help us to know how we can trade in a better fashion in future and derive better profits. I think most of us have been greedy and had untamed desires in Forex, but with experience we have to set the things rightly.
    Taking our closed transactions from demo account will give us knowledge and little experience, but learning things straight from our real account will give us more knowledge and a lot more experience. somehow it's not really that enough to take our past performance as our best learning because we must know every details we made with our past trades, not only with the result in positive or negative.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    Taking our closed transactions from demo account will give us knowledge and little experience, but learning things straight from our real account will give us more knowledge and a lot more experience. somehow it's not really that enough to take our past performance as our best learning because we must know every details we made with our past trades, not only with the result in positive or negative.
    The experience we achieve while trading with real money is very valuable and to make the most of this experience we have to consistently examine our trading. This evaluation is necessary and more so if we are facing consistent losses in trading because we need to know how we can improve. Evaluating our trading and keeping a journal helps us to know where we are missing and helps us to fix the issues.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    The experience we achieve while trading with real money is very valuable and to make the most of this experience we have to consistently examine our trading. This evaluation is necessary and more so if we are facing consistent losses in trading because we need to know how we can improve. Evaluating our trading and keeping a journal helps us to know where we are missing and helps us to fix the issues.
    Too bad it's highly risky to trade with real money for the sake of getting valuable experience from market. i prefer demo account to learn everything safely and gain as many knowledge as i can with my strategy. preparing my strategy in demo and review the rest taken trades will help me with my development. i also experienced couple trades with real account and i don't want to risk another because it's not worthy for me.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylai View Post
    Too bad it's highly risky to trade with real money for the sake of getting valuable experience from market. i prefer demo account to learn everything safely and gain as many knowledge as i can with my strategy. preparing my strategy in demo and review the rest taken trades will help me with my development. i also experienced couple trades with real account and i don't want to risk another because it's not worthy for me.
    There are different experiences. Somebody has learned to trade in demo and somebody has started with real money. Personally I have started with real money and brokers bonus. So I do not see anything bad in starting with real money but little deposit. The other traders can have different experience and they have spent more time in demo accounts.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    You are right about that, because then we will face so much emotions and then it will be hard for us to make decisions and all that, but then, it will worth it if we get to gain discipline and be able to control our emotions at first before we start making use of the real money trading so that we don 't get to keep on making mistakes.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    You are right about that, because then we will face so much emotions and then it will be hard for us to make decisions and all that, but then, it will worth it if we get to gain discipline and be able to control our emotions at first before we start making use of the real money trading so that we don 't get to keep on making mistakes.
    Leave the rest of our past trades behind and use every mistakes we've done as our learning projects. don't bring such guilt too deep for too long because it's destructive. all we have to do next is to evaluate our whole trading until we're fully solved everything clear without leaving us anything in bad shape. remember that an evaluation is necessary to fix what we've done wrongly. and reviewing our old trades will help us to do it.

Not allowed!

Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141 LastLast