Thread: WHAT to learn vs HOW to learn

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191

WHAT to learn vs HOW to learn

Hello, there.

I want to talk a bit about ongoing success in trading.

What it depends on?

Huge amount of attention is stuck on WHAT to learn among traders. The idea of WHAT surprizingly displaces the idea of HOW.

What do I mean by that?

For me, ongoing trading success is the function of fast and effective adaptation to changes in market conditions, function of the ability to choose the right edge

Let me show you example:

In December 2012 and January 2013 I was capturing nice elongated movements from EURUSD and other currency pairs. In January I had closed trade with 15 pips initial stop and 330 pips in profit.

But after that - in February and in March, market conditions have changed absolutely.

No big and smooth movements, just volatility going back and forth.

I had to change my view. So I've taken a rest and observed - what's going on? I had to change my trade locations completely and trade more near rotational centers. It was beneficial, but it pushed me to learn again - to know how balancing market works.

I know that in future markets WILL change. Maybe, we will see large elongated trends, may be wild swings, maybe range bound activity. We as traders should learn how to earn in every market conditions we have.

So, for me, ongoing success depends on:

- ability to learn very rapidly and to restrucuture our thinking

- open-mindness to what market tells you. All that worked in the past, may not work now

- focus on principles rather than on setups. Fundamental principles don't change, while setups may break and edge can disappear

Bottom line:

Learn to learn from the markets

Good luck!

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    So, for me, ongoing success depends on:

- ability to learn very rapidly and to restrucuture our thinking

- open-mindness to what market tells you. All that worked in the past, may not work now

- focus on principles rather than on setups. Fundamental principles don't change, while setups may break and edge can disappear

Bottom line:

Learn to learn from the markets

Good luck!
    Yes i do agree. I remember a couple week ago my friend give some article about "Trade What You See, not Trade What You Think". There are different kinds of traders, those who trade what they see and those who trade what they think. It is advisable to always trade what you see and not what you think. Trading what you see happens when a trader decides to trade forex by looking at the charts, the prices and the direction in which the market is moving. This is what winners in forex trading especially the professionals in this field do and that is why they make it big in the business of exchanging currencies.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Market condition is never being same so it means we must learn about new market condition if we want to make profit in current market condition since the volatility of market movement always change. For an example in EURUSD. It's rarely moving with more than 100 pips now. So with this, it will be hard to get 50-100 pips in this pair now.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I believe that we can not learn much from past movements on the market or, at least, we can not effectively use acquired knowledge in some future trades. Our trading system should be robust, resistant in any market conditions. Our system should be profitable even if we make decisions by flipping a coin.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    to know how to learn there are many sources of the education from forums and videos to learn how to learn trading and understand the market but what to learn ?we must learn all the basic of the trading beside all the indicators because it consider the secret of the trading and prediction the coming trend

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    trader must learn how to predict the market trend and indicators using knowledge and learn forex market and we learn forex from demo account as much as possible and always try to predict the market chart and communicate with professional traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    to learn forex trading is we have to know how to lern right and what we have learned with the right, so we can become a successful trader, in which case you describe me very, very difficult to focus, maybe you have tips on how to focus for trading,? I very, very often change their minds in trading that I do like the lot size is erratic

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPENSITY100 View Post
    Forex is like a treasure at the bottom of an ocean. A trader cannot dive into this ocean to grab the treasure or will sink and die. To dive into the ocean we first have to learn and practice swimming. Then we have to learn to use of oxygen cylinder and learn diving. Even after we learn everything we have to respect the survival techniques. Similarly A Forex trader has to respect the risk even after he becomes a professional trader, to survive in this business.
    Well said @propensity100 - You need to prepare yourself well before diving into this risky business and also equip yourselves with proper safety measures so you get safer trading experience. Market does not respect sentiments like a sea shark will not be kind to your tears and so have a proper plan and keep honest to your plan to achieve success in this business.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 1
    Many things that we must learn, we need to learn how to predict the market using chart or news, then we must able to manage our capital and risk while we trade. We can learn all of them by practicing in demo and real trading account

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Talking about what to learn , you need to learn the physical tackling of the market, you need to learn the psychology of trading and you will surely need to learn the managerial skills of the market traders. If you want the way that you will learn this, the internet is the best place, no single place an build you of the things that you need in the market at the entirety, this is what you should know.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 138 123451151101 ... LastLast