Received: 58
    Given: 0

The Difference Between A Trading Strategy And A Trading Plan

The Difference Between A Trading Strategy And A Trading Plan :

A trading strategy tells you when to enter and when to exit trades

A trading plan is more comprehensive than a trading strategy

A trading plan covers at least seven elements:

1. The market(s) you want to trade.
    2. The timeframes you want to trade, e.g. 5 min, 10 min, tick or range bars.
    3. A brief description of the strategies you want to trade and when to use what strategy.
    4. The entry rules of the strategies.
    5. The exit rules of the strategies.
    6. Other important rules, e.g. when to trade and when not to trade.
    7. The money management approach you are using.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    Hi jomks very well comparison i appreciate this currently i trading with multiple strategies but not have a proper plan but now i'm thinking i should make a good plan for my trade like above you mentioned i hope i will get good results.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 60
    Yes it these are two different things and especially new traders take both as same thing. A strategy is simply your entry and exit from market based on your analysis. While trading plan consists or market analysis, trading strategy to be used, deciding either sell or buy, using reasonable lot size depending uopn your capital size, performing money management etc. Also look for any upcoming news before placing your orders.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Yes it these are two different things and especially new traders take both as same thing. A strategy is simply your entry and exit from market based on your analysis. While trading plan consists or market analysis, trading strategy to be used, deciding either sell or buy, using reasonable lot size depending uopn your capital size, performing money management etc. Also look for any upcoming news before placing your orders.
    when I see how our trading plan is to discover the trade by building a trading strategy, so the plan to trade with trading strategy is two different things because in this trading strategy concerning how to analyze,, money management and risk management while trading plan certainly related to how to learn in order to be able to get a good analysis and how to trade so that money management is set properly

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    well our trading strategy is more like a way we use to entry the market to make money when trading and our trading plan involve our trading strategy and the level loss we can afford to lose when trading at a particular point in time.money management is involved as well

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    yes trading with a strategy and a money management plane is so necessary for any trader because the Forex market is looks like a big sea so you must have your own plane and your own strategy to survive and to make profits from this risky market . also the money management plane is the most important thing for you if you had any loss.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 14
    There is a lot of noticeable difference between a trading strategy and a trading plan. Although these 2 are linked with each other but are different. In a trading strategy, a proper trading plan is necessary. And a proper trading plan requires a good srategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    yes i think we have to learn more than one trading strategies because one strategy is not enough all the time according to market condition,but i think our trading should remains constant all the time..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Well done. Your trading strategy will help many newbie like myself here. We all have to plan well to use those strategy properly. But the volatility of market sometime fails many strategy. We have to plan some different in different situation of market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    A strong software system is the foundation of your dealership business. Unfortunately many investors think that all they need is a dealing technique. This is NOT the case!

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 232 123451151101 ... LastLast