How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss? - Page 189
Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1893

Thread: How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 193

How much you want to lose before want to recover the loss?

We know forex is risky and we can lose many in quick time too if we don't take proper protection for our account. But you need to decide how much you want to lose before you want to recover your loses. I know you know about it but did not gone though the mathematics and graphs. I bring it for you.

When you lose about 1% of your equity 1% recovery is good enough to get back to your original equity. When you lose around 2%, 3% or even 5% of your equity then you just need about that amount to recover your loss. But when you have lost 10% then you just need to make more 1.11% to recover loss.

Situation start to go bad when you lose 15% or more. You can find if you lose 50% of equity then you need to make 100% profit to get to your original equity.

You just can't come out of the grip of losses when you lose more than 50% of your equity. And it become a Herculean task when you lose 75% or 80% or more.

So just think, think it well how much lose in a trade is good for your recovery. And now think, will you use money management in your trade or not?

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Possibly, if a trader can make use of risk management at all times it will help them to cut down the possible losses they get. but we are more into wanting to make fast money. I have learned the method of making sure to cut my losses and then allow my profits run as that is the way to have more profits. I don't risk pass 3 percent per trade and I am out.
    With a good trading strategy we should not be facing losses most of the times when trading. for instance we can have max 3 losses consistently but will recover. In a nutshell, I really do agree with what you have said in here, the losses we get in forex trading can be well controlled when we have been able to make use of the money and risk management effectively.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 231
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    With a good trading strategy we should not be facing losses most of the times when trading. for instance we can have max 3 losses consistently but will recover. In a nutshell, I really do agree with what you have said in here, the losses we get in forex trading can be well controlled when we have been able to make use of the money and risk management effectively.
    Having a good trading strategy is what all traders wish for. Unfortunately it is never be enough for us to get such profitability with only good strategies since we need to have another important factors which as good as strategies to make our trading performance good in long run. It is like when we want to recover our losses, we can not do it in fast means. We need to stay patience as to recover our loss requires better analysis to prevent another losses.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post

Having a good trading strategy is what all traders wish for. Unfortunately it is never be enough for us to get such profitability with only good strategies since we need to have another important factors which as good as strategies to make our trading performance good in long run. It is like when we want to recover our losses, we can not do it in fast means. We need to stay patience as to recover our loss requires better analysis to prevent another losses.
    A great trading strategy and then a great trading discipline as well. Because a strategy can be learned by any trader but the ways of using it in such a way that profits is been made is something that can only be learned by the traders that are discipline and understands their trading strategy. I make sure to use risk management in all trade, that has helped me not to exceed my limits.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 30
    A great trading strategy and then a great trading discipline as well. Because a strategy can be learned by any trader but the ways of using it in such a way that profits is been made is something that can only be learned by the traders that are discipline and understands their trading strategy. I make sure to use risk management in all trade, that has helped me not to exceed my limits.
    Honestly we want to keep things arranged well as we planned but sometimes market is moving against us and turn us back with losses. Well it's not hard to recover such loss but before we able to do that, sometimes we must felt so disappointed with our analysis and how market reacted to our decisions in previous trades. We don't want to suffer more and don't keep trading after we loss great amount of pips. Take your time to breathe and spend a moment until we feel better to trade again.

Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Honestly we want to keep things arranged well as we planned but sometimes market is moving against us and turn us back with losses. Well it's not hard to recover such loss but before we able to do that, sometimes we must felt so disappointed with our analysis and how market reacted to our decisions in previous trades. We don't want to suffer more and don't keep trading after we loss great amount of pips. Take your time to breathe and spend a moment until we feel better to trade again.
    Market cannot be always expected to move according to our expectations and that is why we need a strong plan and risk management to succeed here. Trader must work with good faith to realize what he wants. When we have knowledge and along with it have discipline then emotions will not cause us problems during trading. Slow but sure, these words are the best description of good trading.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    Market cannot be always expected to move according to our expectations and that is why we need a strong plan and risk management to succeed here. Trader must work with good faith to realize what he wants. When we have knowledge and along with it have discipline then emotions will not cause us problems during trading. Slow but sure, these words are the best description of good trading.
    Yes that is true so whatever strategy we are using we also have to use the stop loss, so that we dont end up losing a lot in any case. Loss is the fact of trading, but what needs to be take care of is, we manage to keep the losses low and profits higher. Many people join Forex to earn fast and easily and that is how they invite severe losses.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3
    Personally I like to keep my losses small before recovery. This is because when you loss too much you will find it more difficult to recover your lost funds, in fact the more money you loss when trading then the more difficult it will be to make a come back or recover those lost money. So ensuring that you practice good money management will help to reduce loss and increase the chance of recovery especially when you are trading with a very good trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    I think that is the need and reason why there is the planning in forex trading. To make money we need to make sure to have good planing method, you need to play much more precisely on how to trade so that you don't end in being surprised. making the plans and being good with the concept of our analysis will make us have a better result with less loses.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 32
    I think that is the need and reason why there is the planning in forex trading. To make money we need to make sure to have good planing method, you need to play much more precisely on how to trade so that you don't end in being surprised. making the plans and being good with the concept of our analysis will make us have a better result with less loses.
    That is right, when we use a strong plan and risk management rules, we can really land in good profits which always exceed our losses. With the help of a strong plan we know how to react to different market set up and changes or shifts in market behavior. Proper understanding of the market will be very rewarding but takes a long learning and experience.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8
    No sane trader will decide to loose in this business but as an experienced trader we all know that loss is part of forex and the very best decision we must take is to learn from it and work to minimize the chance of loss in forex. We can build more experience and better trading system from our failures and improve our very chance of maintaining the right trade. Here loss should be managed and this is enough reason that will help us stay alive.

Not allowed!

Page 189 of 190 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190 LastLast