Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fractal Indicator

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 8

Fractal Indicator

Fractal is used as lagging indicator to know the trend of the market. It is called lagging because you need several data of the past closed prices before you can determine the trend. In Meta trader 4, it is described as up and down arrow. Even though it is a lagging indicator, it has several good functions such as to know how strong or weak the resistances are, to draw a trend line which is either bullish or bearish, and to see if the price consolidated or not.

As in the above picture shown, I draw several lines to show how to use fractal to see how strong the support and resistance were. Red line and blue line show the support level while the purple and yellow line show the resistance level. As we can see, if it can break the resistance which is supported by 3 arrows, there will be a possibility that the break will be very high. So more arrows can be described as a stronger resistance or support level.

The above picture showed the indicator can be used to see the trend of the market. As from now, it is entering bear condition which I suspect will last if it can break the resistance.

It can be used to tell if the market price is consolidated or not. In the picture above, I draw a circle to show the position of the consolidation. When it can’t break the support level, the price will consolidate and we should wait for the next break before we are deciding to trade again.
    My opinion about fractal indicator was it could not be used as a standalone indicator since it is a lagging indicator. Normally, it is used best with alligator indicator. But, for me, it is also good to use moving average indicator along with fractal to know if it is a signal or not.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 16
    fractal indicator is not bad but it gives many signals and so it is not profitable alone and it should be used with another indicators to get better results, it can be used for entry or exit positions, but it can not be used for long time or during following of the trend for long time, this is good indicator for short term trading in my opinion

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Fractal indicator is the best.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    when I first saw the fractals indicator on the platform, I initially thought it is an indicator that will directly show buy or sell setup immediately the arrow shows, I think I have found the best indicator ever, but I later realized some loopholes in the indicator, but it is still a great indicator and when used with another great indicator it will help you to make good for trade decision

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2
    Sorry the first thing that I saw was a lagging indicator, not too sure what that means but does it means it is slower than the market and if so, why is that useful? Please advice have you been successful in using this indicator in your trades? thanks.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 19
    the combination as trader might gains with the beginning to capture signals from different indicator of trend as the use of appearance helps as improving decision to defines of chance with the trading to put of submission as the characteristics of the fractal as the non repainting signals to gives of certain as the price might goes as while the symbol shown.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 16
    fractal indicator can be used with any strategy and it will improve it because it is a good indicator and the trader can trade with it and make some money, the trader can test it with his strategy to see if it will work well or not and so if it work well then it will add a strength for trading and the results will be improved, the trader can make good money with it if he can deal with it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 12
    Fractal, this is one indicator which looking as like that. this is really so strong indicators for price action trader who always focusing to higher high and lower low. but sometimes you will get the wrong signal in the loest time frame.so I think h4 time frame always better to use.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12